Not bad right? We didn't bother with the holes, and some were only slightly burnt. But I would like to call this a success, considering that they were fried to 'golden brown perfection'.
Here are the ingredients and equipment required:
- 350g of donut mix
- around 180 ml to 200 ml of water/milk (whatever floats your boat)
- cooking oil
- frying pan
- moist cloth
- rolling pin
- Mix donut mix and water/milk together in a bowl with a mixer (we kneaded it by hand though)
- Let it stand for 25 min, covering it with a moist cloth (it WILL grow BIGGER. Trust me, it did)
- Flatten and fold into three parts with a rolling pin, and let it stand for another 5 min.
- Cut/tear/rip into pieces. You can't fry the whole thing at once now, can you?
- Then FRY it in the frying pan! One at a time, two if you're capable, and three if you're hungry (like Satoru was)
- Let it cool.
- Constantly move the pieces of donut about while frying, to ensure it doesn't stick to the pan. Nor burn.
- If you really think you cannot handle a lot at once, then do one at a time. No need to show off your cooking prowess when it comes to multi-tasking.
- We actually skipped Step 3, so we have no idea what it does. If you know, do tell.
- Maybe you can put jam or chocolate inside, then fry. Who knows? Maybe you'll like it.